THE FOLLOWING ARE THE ESSENTIAL TRUTHS THAT WE, CROSSWAY COMMUNITY CHURCH, BELIEVE:
1. The Bible (having 66 books in total; 39 Old Testament books, 27 New Testament books) is God's true written Word to us. We believe the authors of the Bible were inspired by the Holy Spirit (2 Timothy 3:16), and are absolutely trustworthy (inerrant in its original documents, infallible, and God-breathed). The Bible is the final authority on all matters to which it speaks, and is useful for the Christian life. (Matthew 5:18; 24:35; John 10:35; 16:12-13; 17:17; I Corinthians 2:13; II Timothy 3:15-17; Hebrews 4:12)
2. There is one God, who exists forever in perfect harmony as three distinct Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:26-27; Deuteronomy 6:4; Colossians 1:15-17; Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14; Hebrews 1:8)
3. Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man, born of a virgin, perfectly representing God's glory and character. He lived a life without sin and voluntarily offered himself as the only acceptable and perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on the cross. Those who accept Him as Lord and Savior are declared righteous which was done through His death. He physically rose from the dead and will return to earth again to establish His kingdom and reign forever with those who are His. (Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-35; John 1:14; 8:40; 8:58; 11:33; Acts 1:9-11; Romans 5:8-10; Colossians 1:15-17; Hebrews 1:8)
4. The Holy Spirit continues His present ministry by indwelling in those Christians who have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The Holy Spirit continues to work in those Christians to help them to live a more godly life (II Corinthians 3:18; Galatians 4:19; 5:16-25) in Christ.
5. Humans are created in God's image, but each one has fallen short of God's perfect standard. Because of this, every person is in need of a savior. (Genesis 1:26; Romans 3, 5:12-19; Ephesians 2:1-3, 4:18-19)
6. Salvation is God's free gift to us. Salvation is something that we do not earn or deserve. It is offered in grace and received by faith in Jesus Christ alone. Those who believe in Jesus Christ and call on His name are made right with God and are given eternal life. (John 3:16, 14:6; Romans 3:28, 8:31-39; I Corinthians 12:13; Galatians 3:26-27, 36-39; Ephesians 2:8-9; I Timothy 2:5-6)