Everyone keeps telling me that we are a generation of people who don't want to commit to anything. They may be talking about people younger than me. I'm not sure. The thing I do know is that I have memberships to gas stations, boba shops, coffee shops, fast food joints, hotel chains, every airline I've ever flown and some I've never flown, grocery markets, health clubs, and the list goes on. I am a member of so many things that I can't remember my login information for many of them. Why did I join all these things? Because they all offered me some kind of benefit or perk.
Is church membership at Crossway similar to being a Starbucks Gold member? What are the benefits? Why should I become a member of a church? Does God command it?
Michael Osborne has written a great article on church membership that answers all of these questions. I highly recommend reading it whether you are already a member of Crossway, or you are thinking about it, or you've never thought about church membership before. I'll put a link to it below.
I want to highlight just a few great points he makes:
1) Church membership helps us guard the peace and purity of the church.
2) Church membership provides accountability.
3) Church membership expresses commitment to one another.
4) Church membership encourages us to serve.
5) Church membership prevents us from showing favoritism.
6) Church membership protects us from trying to go it alone.
Please take a few minutes and read Michael Osborne's article by clicking here.
If you would like information about our next membership class, please email me at
for Brea, or Pastor Jun at